Facebook is one of the most popular and famous social networking sites in the world. Billions of people use Facebook to stay connected with each other. Every ID is an individual identity for a person. You share the memes, posts, and videos with your friends and stay connected. But it can be very frustrating if your account gets hacked.
If you are a concerned individual who wants to know how to recover hacked Facebook account, then you have landed on the right article. If your Facebook account is hacked then don’t worry. There are several methods by which you can recover your account and use the identity that you have been using from the beginning. All you need to do is follow the procedures that will be mentioned properly and you will get the account back easily.
Recover Facebook Account When Password is changed
The common scenario of the Facebook account hack is changing the password of the account. This way the owner of the Facebook account is unable to access using the previous password. To solve the issue you need to follow some simple steps. The steps are as follows-
- Even though the password has been changed, your associated email can be used to recover your Facebook account. All you have to do is go to the login interface and click on “forgot password”.
- The Facebook interface will redirect you to another page. This page will ask you to enter the username, email address, or phone number. You may select any of the following options.
- Facebook will find the correct profile you own. View the profile you own and enter the email address or mobile address. Then click on “continue”.
- In a few moments, you will receive a recovery code sent to your desired recovery option. Provide the code and click continue.
- Provide the new password for your account. Now your account is all set to be used again without worrying about getting your password changed.
Recover Facebook Account When There Is No Email Access
If the hacking is a bit advanced then your associated email might not work. But that doesn’t mean it is impossible. Here are the steps you need to follow to recover the Facebook account-
- Open the Facebook interface and enter the forgot password option.
- Provide the username or email address. Facebook will automatically search the profile for you.
- Click on the profile once Facebook finds the specific profile. A dialogue box will open immediately where you can reset your password.
- Next click on “no longer have access to these” since you don’t have the access to the associate email address.
- The extended option will be given since the associated email address is out of the option. The extended recovery options are dependent on the age of the Facebook account. Old Facebook accounts have other options like security questions to recover the account.
- New Facebook users have different options like “trusted contacts”. This option is essential to regain access to the account. After that, enter the email address to which you have the access to. Then click on reveal on my trusted contact and provide the name of one of them.
Recover Facebook Account When Password And Email Address Has Been Changed
This part is a bit tricky. This is because both the password and email address have been changed by the hacker. In this type of situation, you can use two methods to get your Facebook account back. The two methods are mobile numbers or old email addresses. The procedures are as follows-
- For recovering through a mobile number, all you need to do is go to the Facebook page. Click the option “forgot password”. Then provide the account information such as email address or user name. When the Facebook profile appears, click the profile and then the recovery option. Then click on the mobile number option. Provide the mobile number and Facebook will send you a text message with a security code. Enter the security code and you will be able to set a new password for your Facebook account.
- Another process to recover is through email change notification. If the email address has been recently changed then Facebook will provide a mail to the previously given email address and notify you of the change.
- There is another option when your email address has been hacked. Click on the “ if you did not do this, please secure your account. Then you will be given the option to secure your Facebook account.
- The other option is where you can enter the date of birth to successfully recover the account.
- Facebook has also introduced another fun option to recover your account. You will be asked to recognize your friend’s name by showing their picture.
Recover Facebook Account Using Identity Verification
Facebook has recently launched an extended service. The service is known as Identify verification. This procedure is a new concept and quite useful. All you need to do is send your government-issued ID. By this feature, Facebook will confirm your identity through a thorough background check. Facebook will take 1-3 days to respond and get back to you for recovering your account. The procedure is also very easy to follow. Here are the steps are given below-
- Go to the link of Identify Verification.
- Fill out the form correctly and attach your government-issued ID with it.
- Once the fillup and attaching the ID is done, send the form to Facebook. It is advised to wait a couple of days.
- After the verification is complete, Facebook will provide a link to recovery through email.
Following the ways mentioned above, you can successfully recover the mail that you own. So next time if you think about how to recover hacked Facebook account, you will be already prepared with knowledge gained from here. But there is a saying called “ Prevention is better than cure”. So it is best advised to secure your Facebook account completely so your account doesn’t get hacked. Afte trying yourself, if you can’t, you can Hire a Hacker to recover your Facebook account.